- Keep your messages civil, tasteful and relevant
- Maintain respect for other users
- Post your message under the relevant thread (if not they may be deleted or moved)
- Use only one account to access the message boards - users creating multiple accounts will be suspended
- Be sensitive to the thoughts and feelings of others - something that you may consider acceptable may be offensive to others
- Read your posts before submitting them to the forum. Writing on forums is different to the spoken word, and a simple written comment may be unintentionally offensive to others
- Be patient and considerate of message board users who may be less able than you
- Avoid using "text speak" in your posts
Remember that boards are read by many different people of different ages and backgrounds; there may be children and the press accessing and reading - please ensure that your message is appropriate for anyone to read.
You Must Not:
- Post your message twice under different categories
- Use obscenity or insults
- 'Flame' or attack people individually
- Publish email addresses or phone numbers in posts
- Allow other people to post to the forum using your account
- Other than in the Local Businesses category, post messages advertising commercial products or services: these will be deleted
- Use the private messaging service to send multiple copies of the same message
- Unlawful, harassing, defamatory, explicit, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, racially offensive, or otherwise objectionable material is not acceptable and will be removed.
The 24-Archive is moderated by a team of volunteers who give up their time to ensure the message boards are a safe and friendly place to go for advice, information and support. The boards are moderated and reviewed daily; any postings that are deemed to be contrary to these terms and conditions will be edited, or, in the worst cases, deleted. All actions are logged, including your IP address.
If an inappropriate message has been edited or removed, the moderators will leave an explanation as to why it has been changed - either in place of the original post or via the personal messaging system. No discussion over editor or removed messages will be entered into.
Copyright and editing
Copyrighted information or owned by any individual or entity other than the member should not be posted on the discussion forum without the consent of the owner. You may not violate, plagiarise, or infringe on the rights of third parties including copyright, trademark, trade secret, privacy, personal, publicity, or proprietary rights. If such an event occurs, the individual posting the information shall be held solely responsible. 24-Archive shall not be held responsible for member-posted information that may violate copyright law.
24-Archive will not publish or provide your email address to anyone. We reserve the right to quote from your discussion forum posts in other Bournemouth Publishing Ltd publications, press releases and other material. However, we promise to be sensitive in this effort. We will not republish anything you write that we think could be deemed personally endangering, inflammatory or embarrassing to you without your consent.
Your information is protected by the 1998 Data Protection Act in the UK.